january 15.-23. 2021
A complete recording (no edits) including:
- J.S. Bach: One slow and one fast movement from one of the Trio sonatas, BWV 525-530
- Max Reger: Benedictus, Op 59
- Louis Vierne: One piece, free of choice, from ”24 Pièces de fantaisie” Op 51 and Op. 53-55.
Danish national academy of music
Approx. 20 competitors
(Organ: Marcussen & Søn, 2002)
The repertoire for the first round is compulsory. Each competitor must play a program containing pieces selected from each of the categories listed below:
- César Franck: Cantabile
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Prelude and Fugue in G-major BWV 550.
- One piece, free of choice from 1850 or later. Duration cannot exceed 7 minutes.
Second round / Semi-Final:
CHURCH OF Our Saviour
Approx. 12 competitors
(Organ: P.G.Andersens og Bruhn, 2002)
The second round is a mixture of mandatory pieces and repertoire free of choice. There can be no repetition of a work from the pre-selection round or the first round.
The total duration of the program must not exceed 35 minutes.
Each competitor must perform a program containing pieces from each of the categories listed below:
- Carl Nielsen, Op. 51: ”29 smaa præludier” – Choose 4-5 contrasting pieces.
- Olivier Messiaen: ”Les Anges” from ”La Nativité du Seigneur”
- One piece from before 1700 (approx.), free of choice.
- One piece from 1850 or later OR a piece composed by the competitor. In both cases the duration cannot exceed 7 minutes. If the competitor chooses a piece of his/her own, he/she has to submit the score, notated with computer software, together with the complete chosen program for the whole competition. A handwritten score is not allowed.
Approx. 4 competitors
(Organ: T.H.Frobenius, 1973)
All works performed in this round must be different from previous rounds, including the preliminary selection round.
- The works in this round should all be from the time-period 1850 – 2021, and they are free of choice.
- The competitor’s program may contain transcriptions. The duration of the transcription(s) should not exceed 10 minutes. An unpublished transcription will only be permitted if the score is notated using a computer software program and is submitted together with the chosen program for the live rounds. A handwritten score will not be permitted.
- Competitors are encouraged to include a Danish piece in the final (see suggestions)
- The total duration of the program must not exceed 45 minutes.
Helle Ohrt, CEO
Wadden Sea International Organ Competition
Danish National Academy of Music